"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." attributed to Plato

"Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." attributed to Edmund Burke

Let's between us make the world a better place.




Tuesday 1 March 2011

Cycling from Lithuania to Warsaw

I've been sorting out my computer files to free up some much needed space and I came across these photos from 2006, reminding me of the cycle ride I did from Lithuania to Warsaw alongside 100 or so other hardy souls.

It was all in aid of Marie curie Cancer Care and in total we raised well over £1Million for them on that ride.

Actually there were 500 of us in total, divided into 5 groups all converging on Warsaw together from 5 different towns around the Polish border.
And actually I didn't actually complete the course in the saddle, as a freak accident on the second day of the five day journey left me with a broken elbow - but that's another story.


 I rode in the support van for the rest of the time, and still managed to take photos along the way. As you can see we passed through some very beautiful countryside.


No comments:

It's Time you knew - by Transition Rachel at YouTube

Many reasons to love La Gomera

Madeira

Sunset

Sunset
with vapor trails

Followers

Total Pageviews